LEARN HOW TO SELECT A GOOD FOOD
In India, consumers in dog food are more susceptible to exploitation than anywhere in the world because they have very little knowledge about dog food.
Malnutrition, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, obesity and diet-related chronic diseases exist side by side in most of the dogs. It is essential that people should know how to make the right choice of food.
To understand, dog owners should have access to sufficient nutritional awareness of what constitutes a good dog food for their lovable dog. We have laid down certain important points to make you understand, how a quality food should look like.
If we have missed any nutritional information, please contact us and we love to give you the best nutritional advice, as we are trying to change the way how consumers demand the pet food industry. Most of all, we want your dogs to thrive, not just survive.
Here is a list of points you need to consider while choosing a good dog food:
- Look for artificial preservatives, colours and flavours. You can find artificial preservatives like BHA, BHT which have detrimental effects on your dog’s system.
- Free from ingredients like wheat, maize, dairy products, soya products and artificial additives, all of which are regularly linked by veterinarians to food allergies and intolerance in dogs.
- Grain free diet is one of the best for dogs, that’s why it has got world-wide recognition. So look for foods that are free from all cereals including wheat, rice, maize, barley and oats.
- Ingredient list must state each and every ingredient clearly and individually and must give a good indication of their percentage meat content. Any unspecified or vague ingredients will mean that they are hiding something. For eg. Unnamed meat ingredients like poultry meal (no one knows what type of poultry) and animal fat (no one knows from which animal, the fat came from).
- The food should contain at least 30% meat on a dry matter basis (once all of the food’s water has been removed).
Grain free dog food is a meat based dog food which does not contain any cereal grains. Grain free dog foods replace the grains with vegetables and fruits. Hence, vegetables and fruits are the carbohydrate sources and they are not bad for dogs, as dogs in the wild would have eaten a small amount by ingesting the contents eaten by their prey. One thing to keep in mind is that a grain free diet is more nutritious and it is closer to a dog’s ancestral diet.
Benefits of Grain Free:
- Healthier skin
- Shinier coat
- Less shedding
- Reduces food allergies
- More energy
- Better breath
- Nutrients are absorbed more easily, leading to reduced stool volume
- Less food intake
Different meat ranges
Each meat has its own goodness and our dogs should have access to all possible meat ranges to obtain different nutrients from different meats. Most dogs are picky eaters because they have been fed with the same food all the time.
Hence, we offer different meat ranges to our lovable dogs to make their meal time interesting. Pet parents will enjoy their dogs getting different meat recipes. They will never experience the difficulty in feeding their dogs who lost their interest in food.
Diet Rotation for Dogs
Unlike a conventional feeding plan where the same food is served at each meal, diet rotation involves varying a dog’s menu on a periodic basis. This way your dog is able to enjoy and experience the different flavours. Also, each meat has different nutrients which will support your dog’s overall well-being.
Our food allows pet parents to feed a variety of recipes without the digestive upset usually associated with switching foods. However, every dog is different, so we recommend transitioning to a new food gradually – starting with about 20-25% “new” and slowly increasing that amount to a full 100% over a 7 to 10 day period.
Diet Rotation for Cats
We, humans always think that we have a control on our pets when it comes to their diet. But think of all these years of what you have been feeding your cat, mostly grains, unnamed meat meals and probably just chicken flavour. In fact, we also took our eating habits to them like if a person is vegetarian and his cat will also be a vegetarian which is absolutely not good for a carnivore like cats.
Cats need enormous amount of meat in their diet in order to get a complete nutrition. Also, serving the same diet for extended periods of time is also not good. The key to a proper nutrition is by changing their diet quite often by which your cat will get different nutrients from different meat recipes and stays healthy and happy for years to come.